Friday, October 05, 2007

'nother quick update

i'm sitting here at an air conditioned internet cafe in Darwin, Australia figuring out where to go next. Wait around for car rides with other travelers or fly somewhere... We'll see what happens.

Since Broome I stopped in Kunnunura to do a sweet 3 day canoe trip down the Ord river. Then I headed to Katherine to hike the 66km Jatbula trail in 4 days and three nights. Awesome camping by a waterfall or nice pond each night. Flies were bitches for the whole walk. Grr.

I got a ride from Katherine Gorge to Darwin via Kakadu National Park and now I'm trying to figure out where the hell I'm headed next. Such a big country and I'm way out at one tip.

I'll see what kinds of rides materialize or maybe I'll just fly somewhere. East coast bound I guess.

1 comment:

Steven said...

You will have to make a short list of must see places for me. Sounds like you are having a great trip.